Before officially releasing your Gear App to the Samsung Galaxy Apps store, you can release a beta version for testing. This post will show you how to set up beta testing for your Gear App, and how to participate as a beta tester.
There are 4 things you need to ensure to have a successfully set up beta test:
- The Beta tester’s email address that is registered for testing must be the same email they use for Galaxy Apps.
- The latest version of Galaxy Apps installed on tester’s phone. A link will be provided in the beta test email.
- Tester’s phone must be a Samsung Galaxy device.
- The required information to fill in: Application Title, Description, Icon, Screenshots, Category, Age Restriction, Supported Languages, Support E-Mail, App Type, tester emails, feedback address, supported resolutions, Google Mobile Services support, binary file, and price.
Setting up Gear App beta test
- 1. Login to your seller account at seller.samsungapps.com
- 2. Click the ‘Add New Application’ red button, select Gear and default language, and click the ‘Next’ button.
- 3. In the App Information tab, enter the required information and click the ‘Save’ button.
- 4. In the Binary tab, select the type of Gear App, enter the tester email account(s) (must be registered Samsung accounts), and the email/URL address to receive tester feedback.
Then click the ‘Add binary’ button, fill in the required information and upload your binary. Click the ‘Save’ button.
- 5. Move on to the Country & Price tab and click the ‘Save’ button.
- 6. Once all the required information is entered and saved, the ‘Beta Test Submit’ button should become active. Click the button.
Now your testers will receive an email at the address you filled out previously with instructions on how to participate in the beta test.
Note: Gear applications can only be tested on Samsung Galaxy devices according to the seller site.
Participate as a beta tester
- 1. If you are selected as a beta tester, you will receive an email with link to download the app. Open this email on your phone.
- 2. Make sure the version of Galaxy Apps installed on your phone meets the minimum version specified in the email.
To check your Galaxy Apps version, go to Settings > Application manager > Galaxy Apps.
If you don’t have Galaxy Apps installed or don’t have the latest version, click the link in the email to get the latest version. The file will be near the top of the page.
- 3. Tap on the App Download link in the email. Click the ‘OK’ button, then the ‘Participate’ button. Afterwards, you will be brought to the App page, where you can tap the ‘Install’ button to download the beta app to your Gear.
There you go! You can leave any feedback of your beta test experience in the email address or URL listed in the beta test invitation email.